Here are 3 tips/tricks for Google Chrome to help with queries and searches that can be typed directly into the address bar (also known as the Onnibox):
Find websites that are similar
– For example, type related:bbc.co.uk
– This will deliver results showing similar (media) websites.
– The same type of search can be carried out for any website.
Use Google Chrome as a calculator
– Type in the required calculation For example, 2*3+8.
– The returned result will show the answer (14) loaded into calculator which you can use for more calculations.
Use a search term and site: to search a specific website for specific term
– To look for specific reference for a term in a whole website try, for example, Sandwiches site:bbc.co.uk
– This should return all the pages in the site where that term is used.