Tech Tip – Better Video Chats
If you would like to improve your video conference calls in terms of how things look, sound and operate, here are a few tips:
– Consider using a webcam rather than the built-in laptop cam. It may be better quality (picture and sound) plus it offers flexibility in positioning.
– Consider using a slightly side-on angel for the webcam so you can talk and type at the same time while being able to look and lean-in when you need to.
– If you’re using your laptop camera, place the laptop on top of books or objects (in a safe and practical way) so that it is raised, and level with your face (eye level) rather than focusing up towards your chin or the ceiling.
– Use a neutral background and switch off lights behind you. You may also consider using a light in front of you.
– Close windows if they are the cause of excess and distracting light and noise.
– Use a Bluetooth headset (with a microphone) and Bluetooth speakers if you have them.
– Use a mute button/control where possible and appropriate.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!